facebook icon Twitter icon Google+ icon Instagram icon Linkedin icon pinterest icon tumblr icon

Persian Hostel Co.

Best offers for You

Type of accommodation

Cozy Privatized Dorm (15$)

Cozy dorm image

Privatized dorm bed with cabin design، separate lighting and outlet for each bed, lockers next to the bed, bathroom, free Wi-Fi, good complete breakfast.

See photos and book

Private Double Room (45$)

Private room image

Private rooms with a couch, desk, shared bathroom just by the door in the dorm, free Wi-Fi, as well as a good complete breakfast.

See photos and book

Private Twin Room (45$)

Private room image

Private rooms with a couch, desk, shared bathroom just by the door in the dorm, free Wi-Fi, as well as a good complete breakfast.

See photos and book

3-bed private room (60$)

Hotel apartment image-3

3-bed private room with private bathroom and kitchen

See photos and book

4-bed private room (70$)

Hotel apartment image-4

4-bed private room with private bathroom and kitchen

See photos and book

5-bedroom apartment (80$)

Hotel apartment image-5

5-bedroom apartment with private bathroom and kitchen

See photos and book
Bagh-e Ferdows Building in Tehran

Bagh-e Ferdows Building in Tehran

History and Geographical Location
The Bagh-e Ferdows garden and building are located on Vali-e Asr Av-enue, Bakhshayesh Street, Delbar Alley. An approximately 100-meter-long green area, which once was part of this garden, separates it from Vali-e Asr Avenue.
The Bagh-e Ferdows building is one of two palaces built in the ancient district of Mohammadiyeh, the northern one having disappeared since. The original palace was built by Haji Mirza Aqasi, during the reign of Mo-hammad Shah Qajar, and abandoned after this monarch's death in 1847. Under Naser-ed Din Shah, Nezam-od Dowleh Mo'ayyer-ol Mamalek bought and enlarged the garden, and named it Ferdows. The southern palace was also erected upon Mo'ayyer-ol Mamalek's order, by master architects from Isfahan and Yazd, and its construction lasted until the time of his son and Naser-ed Din Shah's son-in-law, Doust-Ali Khan Mo'ayyer-ol Mamalek. Thereafter the building was neglected and began fall-ing into ruin. Eventually, Haj Mirza Hosain Shirazi, the son of a merchant from Shiraz, bought the garden and had it restored. After him, in 1308 AH, the garden came in Mirza Hosain Tehrani's possession. Then, in 1318 AH, during the reign of Mozaffar-od Din Shah, Mirza Esma'il Khan Amin-ol Molk bought the estate and had some alterations made in its building.

Persian Tour Service Co (PTS). provides the best possible tours of Iran equipped by Travel Insurance and Experienced Tour Guides


After him, around 1329 AH, Mohammad-Vali Khan Sepahsalar Tonekaboni bought the garden for a trifling sum from Amin-ol Molk's heirs and had repairs carried out in its building. The estate was then appropriated by the Tumanians commercial firm, to which Mohammad-Vali_Khan was indebted. In 1937, the garden and building were handed on to the erstwhile Ministry of Culture, under whose supervision they were restored and allocated to Shapur Secondary School for Boys in Tajrish. The estate was later transferred from the Ministry of Culture to the Special Bureau and thoroughly restored. At present, the ensemble is at the disposition of the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance and houses the Museum of Cinema. The garden covers 20,000 square meters and the building is a three-and-a-half-storied structure measuring approximately 26 by 34 meters. The building's sections reveal an interesting spatial layout, in which the central part is three-storied while the eastern and western sides are two-storied. A half-story also exists on top of the western third floor. The third floor is in the form of iwans on the eastern and western sides, as Reza Shah wished them to be built.

Find your favorite Iran tours with Persian Tour Service Co. (PTS), the best Iran

A large iwan with four columns exists on the northern side of the building and a smaller one, also with four columns, is visible on the third floor of its southern side.
The central part of the building contains two superimposed 10-meter -wide by 19-meter-long reception halls. The first level reception hall is 8.20 meters high and extends as high as the third level floor, while the upper reception hall on top of it has a height of 7 meters. Plaster moqarnas stalactites cover the entire ceiling of the first level reception hall and an elaborate carved stucco decoration is also visible on its walls and southern threshold.
Bare round carved stucco panels above the entrances of this reception hall bore paintings in the past. Plinths of excellent marble from Yazd adorned its walls up to the stucco carvings, but these were transferred to the Amiriyeh Building (The Military School) at the time of Doust-Ali Khan Mo'ayyer-ol Mamalek. The first hall has three doors on its southern side and one on its northern, which opens on to the garden. Inside it, a mezzanine shahneshin exists on its northern side and another shahneshin occupies its southern side. The latter communicates only with the upper floor rooms and is not accessible through the hall. The ceiling of the second hall is plain, with only a carved stucco frame. This hall has three windows on each of its northern and southern sides. Visible in the building's facade, the above-mentioned iwans are also connected to this hall. Besides the first (Howzkhaneh) and second reception halls, the building's two floors house eight rooms each. Several rooms also exist on the third floor, which are later additions. The sanitary services are located out-side the house.

Persian Hostel in Tehran provides the best possible budget accommodation in Tehran for tourists and backpacker who aim to fulfill budget travel in a nice place.

Clock pic

Copyright © Persian Hostel - Hostel in Tehran , All Rights Reserved © 2016-2020